HEAVY TRAVEL: Background in ISP/OSP, DWDM, GIGE, detailed, resourceful experienced with DWDM transmission systems, able to organize complex, multi-dimensional projects from concept to completion with strengths in planning, performance improvement, quality and customer service.
– Ability to created detailed, step-by-step installation MOPs for multiple types of optical transport and switching equipment.
– Backgrounds with detailed CO Engineering, CO Infrastructure and MOPS, Floor layouts, Rack, Power, Overhead infrastructure, Grounding, fiber Management designs in Visio and or AutoCad
– Design equipment layouts for optical network elements, routers, servers and structured cabling plans.
– Design diverse fiber path runs.
– Responsible for establishing engineering, documentation and processes.
– Background in creating Site Survey and Audit process.
– Preform audits and reviews for engineering and field installation.
– Streamlined and organized the Site Survey process to better identify the needs of each project at its inception.
– Provided technical consultation on current systems and building infrastructure.
– Background working with installation of Juniper, Cisco, Ciena, Infinera and BTI.
– Understanding of EHS requirements for working in Data Centers, Carrier Hotels and Colo’s.
– Experience with design installation of mini-BDFB, Rectifiers, Fuse Panels, Patch Panels (high density fiber patch panels) experience with the installation of racks, cabinets on raised floors, slap floors. Experience with uni-strut installation.
– Experience with installation of DC power cable and landing DC power cable on BDFB’s, Mini-BDFB’s and all related safety procedures. Understanding of grounding requirements for equipment, racks and facilities grounding, and H-Tap procedures.
– Technical knowledge of DWDM based optical transmission systems. Strong knowledge of Telcordia GR 1275, 1502, 513, 2981, NFPA, ANS/TIA/EIA standard requirements. GR-468-CORE, GR-1209, GR-1221; ITU G.709, ITU G.651, ITU G.652, ITU G. 653, ITU G. 654, ITU G. 655 LAN/WAN, GigE,
– MS Word and Excel,
– MS Project and Visio
– Adobe Acrobat, Auto CAD
– Computer literate
– Certifications a plus
*** Heavy Travel ***
Job Type: Contract
Required education: High school or equivalent